Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Spare Time

I'm starting to run out of things to clean... And there have only been 7 days of school so far. I realized that I really have forgotten what it was like to have both kids in school; last year while Nathan went to school with Zack, I was in the office, so this is very different to have no one at home with me for the balance of every day. So I try to give myself a project to do every day; I've washed and detailed the car, cleaned out the shed, made a flower bed for the raspberries we're transplanting, cleaned out the kitchen cupboards, repainted the fridge, and redecorated the kitchen. Next week I'm going to clean out the closets and dressers. It's been nice to get this kind of stuff done. I guess. I did a cool craft project to redecorate part of the kitchen. I started with the wine rack. I never use it. I wanted to make a space that I would actually use that would be my style and wouldn't be so bare.
So I took some hard styrofoam, cut it to size, and glued it.Then, I wrapped it in one of the boys' black pillowcases, folding the fabric over a few times. Then I pushed it into place (it fit perfectly into the hole!).Then I put some stuff in the "pockets" that resulted from the folds in the fabric, and put some push pins in. Now it's a bulletin board!Then, to add to the redecoration of the kitchen, I took the Coke stuff down. *GASP!!* I know. It was just time to take it all down - the Coke was corroding through the cans! Plus, I wanted to make my kitchen uniform in the black/white/silver color palette that I have. I also took the artwork off the fridge (don't worry, I put the photographs back up on the freezer part after I took the final picture - it looks TOO bare without them!) and put bulletin boards in the boys' rooms to display their favorite pieces of art. The final look:

No comments: