Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

A New Experience

So Amanda and I have talked about going to the gun range with her dad (a firearms expert for the government) for a few years now. Every time we've planned it, it has fallen through for one reason or another. So a few days ago, Amanda sent me a text asking if I could come to the range on short notice and we made our date. So yesterday I shot a gun for the very first time. It was stressful at the beginning - knowing that you're about to have fun with something that kills people is a tad intimidating! But luckily Amanda's dad trains people to shoot all the time, and is an excellent teacher. I got to shoot a revolver, a 9mm automatic handgun, and a rifle. After a few hours (and LOTS of ammo!), I got the hang of it. Here's my target from the rifle. Not too bad at all!

1 comment:

Manda said...

It was SOO much fun! You rocked, Christy!!