Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Old Pants, Big Pants

I've never really been that conscious about my size... It's never really been that big of a deal for me to be fatter than I was when I got married. It doesn't bother Pete in the least, so in turn I'm not really that bothered by the whole weight issue. Last fall, one of my friends (who is also a bit on the bigger side like me) asked me if I wanted to be her workout partner. Not really with the idea of losing weight in mind so much as just getting a bit healthier and seeing where that took us. In the first few months I really didn't notice any changes and I figured that if I was already doing the exercise thing, maybe I should take it a little more seriously and try to make some type of difference. So I did. Starting just after Christmas I re-started my metabolism; ate breakfast every morning so that my body knew that it could get rid of everything in my stomach overnight. Then I started making sure that, along with my 3 times a week workout with my friend, I got a solid and consistent period of physical activity for about an hour every day. Nothing big, just stuff like walking, biking, running after Nathan as he drives the Power Wheels around the neighborhood. And it worked. Since Christmas I've gone down three dress sizes. Three! I've underestimated the expense of weight loss - it requires a new wardrobe! But at least I'm not paying some diet clinic or taking aerobics classes, so I'm okay with that. :) I'm happy with how it's turned out - I never wanted to do the whole diet thing because I knew I just needed to have consistent eating habits and spend more time on my feet... That and I like food too much (especially now that I don't have celiac!). So now I have a healthier body... And a drawer of pants that are WAY too big.

No comments: