Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A White Shirt

My mom was over for supper on Tuesday and the boys sang a song as our prayer for the meal. After the song was done, my mom said, "I think Jesus was smiling while you were singing that." Zack replied that he couldn't see Him, and so we had a conversation about listening prayer. (For those of you that don't know what "listening prayer" is, it's really cool. When God says "behold" in the Bible, He means to "look with the eyes of your heart" and the eyes of our heart is our imagination. So it's basically asking Jesus to meet us in our imagination to talk with us.) My mom asked the boys to close their eyes and see if Jesus was here. Nathan closed his eyes for a minute and said, "Yes! He is!" My mom asked him what Jesus looked like. Nathan said, "He's got long hair. And a white shirt on!" After supper, my mom and I were talking about how cute that was and we looked into the living room to see Nathan on the couch with his eyes closed tight and his hands folded. He was double-checking that Jesus was still wearing a white shirt, and ran back into the kitchen to let us know that He hadn't changed His shirt and it was still white. It was so cute.

No comments: