Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Big Challenge

This past month I had probably the biggest challenge of my floral career; to make wheat look good. I was asked by some leaders at the church to make massive wheat arrangements for the October 24th women's breakfast. When I said that I would take this on, I didn't realize that it would be really HARD. Nicole, one of the ladies that asked me to do this, ran behind the Jespersen's combine (she honestly had to run) and had gathered rubbermaid bins FULL of wheat. My job was to make something "harvest looking" (whatever that means) that could be used for the podium and registration tables. All I could use were the bins of wheat, and then some blue and white ribbon and some fake sunflower-type things to add a bit of color. It took me hours to do; wheat is really hard to work with. LOTS of mess and wheat slivers and I'm still finding random pieces of wheat around the kitchen. But I got them done and I'm pretty impressed with how they turned out. The first one below is the massive long vases with tied-up bunches, and then below that are the ones for the platform. They don't look that big, but everything was HUGE.

No comments: