Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

The First Big Injury...

So guess which one of our boys went to the hospital for stitches today...

Oh wait, we don't have to guess. We all know it's Nathan.

We had just returned home from dropping Zack off at school when Nathan tripped and went headlong (more like face-long) into one of the front steps. He looked up at me and could barely cry - his entire mouth was full of blood and his bottom lip looked like hamburger. His top teeth were loose and his gums were bleeding, too. My poor boy. So I ran in and grabbed a buttload of paper towel and we were off to the hospital. I'm sure that once Nathan is an adult he'll probably have his own chair in the waiting room there... Buuuut anyway. It's amazing how fast the emerg people help you when you bring in a wailing and bleeding child! Once we were in the room, Nathan was wrapped up swaddle-style so that his arms were pinned and he stayed perfectly still while the doctor froze his lip and gave him three stitches. He didn't move a muscle the whole time, I was so proud of him. The nurses were great and gave him lots of stickers, so that made him pretty happy. I expected him to want to go home and lay down, but then he told me that he wanted to go show Zack his stitches. What can I say? At least the little guy bounces back.

No comments: