Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Assorted

Zack will not start a conversation with someone unless they are giving him their complete and undivided attention. If there's any background noise, if we look at something else, if we take a bite of our supper, Zack will completely shut down and will not start or complete his story. Zack and Nathan were eating lunch, and I was cleaning up some dishes. Zack obviously wanted to tell Nathan something, but Nathan was having some of his juice when I heard (punctuated with intensely sad sounding sighs...), "Nathan, I wish you would stop drinking so you could listen to me. Please stop drinking."

* * * * * *
Nathan has been noticing and commenting on people's fashion. I never thought that he would stop being busy long enough to notice what people are wearing, nevermind actually saying something about it. On Tuesday at the church, Nathan saw my mom at Daybreak (mom's group), and he said to grandma, "THAT's a cute scarf!"

* * * * * *
Nathan is corporate America's dream child. He wants EVERYTHING that's advertised on TV. Everything from the slap chop to toys to cereal. He is currently obsessed with Cinnamon Toast Crunch. After seeing the ad for it, we were grocery shopping and Nathan convinced me to get some. The commercials for it are pretty fun, and I'm pretty sure that the only reason he eats it are because of the ads:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRv52A0D_Vc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cl57urqb9E&feature=related
He remembers quotes from commercials and I can hear him saying them when he's playing by himself with his cars or dinosaurs...

No comments: