Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

A Week Of Everything

Last week we had an adventure. Pete doesn't get time off in the summer (disadvantages of working in the road construction industry), so the boys and I took a trip down to Rocky Mountain House. Pete's parents invited us to come down for VBS for the week, and so we came. I helped out for the first 3 days in the grade 4-6 class. I had a blast with the kids. I came back to Spruce Grove without the boys on Wednesday afternoon so that I could do wedding flowers on Thursday for Friday pickup, and then Pete and I came back to Rocky on Saturday morning. It was a busy week, but we had a great time! I ended up getting a horrendous cold on wednesday night, which didn't help so much on Thursday - my flowers didn't come in on time! I started Thursday night at 11:00pm, went to bed at 3:45am, got up with Pete at 6:00am, and finished just in time for the flowers to get picked up Friday morning. A little crazy, but at least I got them done.
When Pete and I went to hang out on the weekend, we all went fishing. Rocky Mountain House has the cutest little stocked fishing pond just for kids, and it's right in town. Pete's dad got some old tackle boxes for the boys, and they loved having their own fishing stuff. Way too cute.

No comments: