Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Down With The Sickness

We have been very blessed in our lack of sickness this past year.  In the summer and fall, through Christmas break, and all the way through the first few weeks of January, the four of us avoided colds and flu, stomach bugs and viruses, despite being surrounded by family and friends dropping like flies on a regular basis.  We knew it would hit us eventually though, and Pete & the boys got a cold in the last week of January.  It was so bad that they are still constantly coughing more than six weeks later.  We've done the doctor visits, gotten the cough syrup, used the nasal spray, etc, etc, and it's not budging.  It keeps them up at night which is especially hard for Nathan.  The doctor says that it just has to run it's course and it may be a few more weeks yet.  Poor guys!  On Valentine's week I worked each day at the flower shop, business was crazy and stressful.  The night of the 11th and morning of the 12th I spent cleaning up projectile vomit from a nasty stomach flu that hit Zack and then Pete.  Luckily since Pete was sick too I was able to get to work still while the two guys stayed home and threw up together.  Ew.  On the 13th I got strep throat, just in time for the big day at work, but I powered through it and was acutally a little bit happy that I didn't have a voice to talk to anyone...  I'm actually the lucky one through all of this, I didn't get the coughing or the barfing, so I could take care of everyone for the most part, which is a definite relief.

No comments: