Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gluten: The World's Biggest Party-Pooper

Having been a "post-Celiac" (as I've put it) for more than three years now, the miracle of temporary healing has now reached it's end (click here to read the healing story).  The relief from Celiac has been even longer than I've hoped, and I've been thankful for the time I've had to enjoy all of the flavours and freedoms that come with a life without allergies.  Starting in January, my blood & iron levels have dropped down to dangerous levels, and this week will be a farewell to gluten.

Honestly it's not that bad - I still make so many gluten-free meals because that's how I've done it for years.  A majority of the everyday sauces and ingredients I use are gluten-free anyway.  Over the past few years there have been so many developments and so much more information about gluten-free food, and I'm thankful that it won't be as hard to make the switch back.

So long, gluten.  It was really nice to have you in my life for the last three years. Our affair was fabulous.

No comments: