Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Car. The only girl I'll ever have.

This is my car. I'm pretty proud of it, paint chips and door dings and all. It's a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart and, with my hot mechanic husband of course, it's a race car in progress. As of now, it's got the following mods:
- RoadRace short ram air intake
- Magnaflow catback exhaust
- RoadRace piggyback ECU
- ACT Stage 3 clutch kit
- Cross-drilled rotors with ceramic pads in front and rear
- RoadRace underdrive pulley
Here she is looking pretty in the summer after we waxed every inch by hand.
Here's the first mod she ever got - a RoadRace short ram air intake.
Here's the engine bay... It will always be a work in progress.
Brand new cross-drilled brakes with shiny red calipers.
Here she is lookin' fine with new brakes!

Looks like next on the agenda is suspension work, rims/tires, and turbo kit. She having a great life so far... After all, this car has driven 170,000km.

After all of this I have to say that I'm a woman that loves cars. I have always loved driving, I love learning new things about vehicles, and I love that Pete and I both can share a passion for something. Unlike most women that just think this stuff is "pretty" or even "unnecessary," I actually KNOW how all of these modifications work on my car, how they make the engine run smoother, how they make the car go faster... It fascinates and excites me. I love that I know the difference between a straight 6 and a V6 and a flat 4 and a straight 4... The difference between a turbocharger and a supercharger. It's pretty sweet.

No comments: