Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

School

Pete's been in school since the first week of January, and this is his last week. Starting Wednesday, he's got one major exam every day; the NAIT practical, the NAIT written, and then the provincial. He hasn't been to work since the week before Christmas! He's all frustrated that he's lost his callouses on his hands - he's going to be hurting when he gets back to work. But Pete's doing super good in school, and I'm so proud of him.

I registered Nathan for kindergarten this fall. It's shocking to me that I'll have both boys in school in September. Nathan is SO excited to go - he's going to LOVE it! I can't believe he's growing up so fast.

Zack's doing great in kindergarten, although I know he's kinda bored with some aspects of it. He's quite a reader now; every book he brings home from the school library gets a little bit bigger and has more words. He used to bring home Dr. Seuss to read to us, and now it's books about race cars and how things work. He brought a book this week from the library about how the lungs work, and I'm shocked at his reading skills and comprehension. He hadn't read the book until he read it at home with me, and he reads words like "automatically" and "oxygen" without missing a beat. Then Zack proceeded to tell me that the word "automatically" comes from the word "automatic" which is just like the doors at Safeway... Wow.

No comments: