Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Driving And Talking

Over the last couple of weeks, Nathan has begun a small obsession with healthy food. He constantly wants to know if things are healthy (he pronounces it with an 'f' instead of the 'th'). So whenever he eats we hear, "Are (insert whatever we're eating here) healthy?" And then we reply whether it is or not. If it's unhealthy, we tell him that it's not really good for our bodies and we shouldn't eat a whole lot of it, but it sure tastes yummy. Pete let Nathan try some cream soda last weekend and after getting his question answered that cream soda is definitely not healthy, Nathan said "But it sure is yummy!" He now knows the basic idea of whether things are healthy to eat or not, but he still asks every time. We were driving with my mom yesterday past Mac's, and he said "Grandma, we get a slurpee? Slurpees are not healthy, but I like them. Slurpees are yummy!" And Nathan's pronounciation of the words "Sur-pees" and "Hew-feee" are the most adorable part.

We were driving to Edmonton yesterday in my mom's car, and my mom and I were listening to the boys talking in the back seat. I couldn't even handle the cuteness.
Z - Grandma, you know who I'm going to marry? Christie Lee from my sunday school class.
N - And I going to marry Allison (a girl from class, too)...
(Pause)
N - Zack, are you going to miss me when I marry Allison?
Z - (Sadly) Yeah... (Long pause)
N - (Excitedly) You could come WITH me!
Z - Yeah!

No comments: