Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Long Time Coming

This past weekend was by far the best in a very long time. Pete and I have been talking to my parents about the boys having a sleepover with Grandma & Grandpa, and after scheduling conflicts it finally happened. We dropped the boys off on Friday afternoon, and the boys were elated to find out that they would be having supper AND sleeping there AND having breakfast, lunch, and supper too! We all met on Saturday night for church where Pete and I took the boys back home. It was wonderful. The boys couldn't have been happier to be there (I think Grandma was pretty excited too!), and Grandma even made them special meals that they LOVED. They will be talking about it for a long time! Pete and I were so happy to just de-stress from a high energy lifestyle - we had a leisurely evening and slept in late, went out for a quiet brunch and went on a beautiful walk. We didn't realize how badly we needed to just spend time together without all the craziness. It was so fantastic to just be US for a while. I think the boys and I were getting sick of eachother... But it felt so much better once we had a break. Thanks mom and dad for giving us more than you know!

No comments: