Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

Optimus Prime

Well, my little Nathan has an obsession. Even though he has never seen Transformers movies or anything, Nathan thinks about and talks about and pretends to be Optimus Prime. All the time. We told him that the movies and show is a little too scary for him, so he'll have to watch them when he gets bigger. He loves to play with the toy Optimus at my parents' place - it belonged to my brother when he was little! We bought him a shirt at Wal-mart with O.P. on it, and the second it comes out of the dryer he wears it until it's unbearably dirty. Then he asks me about it until I do the laundry again. Every day Nathan wakes up and tells us, "I'm Optimus Prime Nathan." He has tried to find out as much as he can about Transformers - he looks at the toys in the store, asks as many questions as possible, and we found Transformers fruit snacks. He clutched the box of fruit snacks from the aisle to the cashier, then the cashier gave it back and he hugged it all the way home. He has decided to name our family after the other Autobots. Zack is Bumblebee, daddy is Ironhide, and I'm Ratchet. We went all day today with those as our names. We were on our way to Costco, and Pete and I heard Nathan talking to himself in the back seat...
"I'm Optimus PRIME! Optimus Prime walks like this: BOOM, BOOM, BOOM! I'm going to sing an Optimus Prime song. (Pause) Optimuuus Priiiiiiiiiiiiiime our heeeero! Heeeee's a cooool robot!"

No comments: